Now, more than ever, influencer market is part of strategy. It’s all virtual but everybody is doing it and you need to know how to tap in.
“It’s not WHAT you know, it’s WHO you know,” that takes you to places you could not get to without them.
That’s why its important to network in your business niche and if necessary hone your networking skills to do just that. Do this regularly as you never know who will be your next step up.
Niche Influencers – What and Why
A niche influencer is a person who has an established name in their field of expertise and within the social networks through the content they publish online and their niche-related activities. They appear in interviews, at conferences and have a high public profile.
It’s all online
Connecting with a few key online influencers will give you far better results than connecting with lots of people who have no influence, don’t know that much about the niche, and don’t know or care who you are or what you do. If you can get their attention, it can open a new range of opportunities and a much wider audience.
The trouble is that everyone and their dog will want to connect with these influences too. Here are some top tips for connecting with niche influencers successfully to grow your brand and increase your profits.
- Know your niche. Know where your ideal customer is hanging out, who they are paying attention to, and who they are buying from.
- Identify top influencers. Find out who the influencers are in your niche and where they are. Use tools to accomplish this, such as BuzzSumo, BirdSong Analytics, and Twellow.
- Follow the influencers. See what kind of content they are publishing in relation to your niche. What kinds of products and services are they selling? What kinds of feedback are they getting? Make notes as you go along to inspire you in terms of trying to do things better, faster, and cheaper. Also, note ways in which you complement each other, rather than compete.
- Spruce up your professional profile. Create an awesome profile for every network you are on. While you are following the influencers, check out their profiles. Do you see something you’d like to add to your own profile? If so, add something similar while also making it unique to you.
- Interact with the influencers. Once you have been following them for a while and have got your profile up and running, you can start to interact with the influencers in a low-key way. Comment, like, and share in a structured way related to your marketing strategy, that is, what you wish to accomplish.
- Contact influencers. When you do contact influencers, be specific. What do you want from them and what can you bring to the table? If you would like to be a guest blogger, give them samples of your work. If you would like them to be a guest blogger, or allow you to interview them, make sure your site looks great and is packed with niche-related content that their audience will be interested in as well.
- Be patient. Plan to do things or make changes over six months. Take your time to get to know them, and vice versa. The better you understand them and their product line and influence in your niche, the more likely they will want to work with you down the line.
While these top tips for connecting with niche influencers will increase your chances, it’s up to you to make it worth their while. So, start your transformation into becoming an influencer in your own right and see how many niche influencers you can connect with on a meaningful level.