Wise up to words on your web in 2020
It’s often said that owning a website is like having your own piece of online real estate. Who wouldn’t want that? A no-brainer. But statistics show that many small business owners are not there yet or have little or no intention of getting there. And that’s not wise. If you’re in business at all you need a website.
Be first in line to set one up in 2020.
10 things you should know about small business and the web
- Less than two-thirds (64%) of small businesses have a website
- 35% of small businesses feel their operation is too small to warrant a website
- By 2019, 94% small business websites will be mobile friendly
- Among small businesses without a website, 58% plan to build one in 2019
- Small businesses report cost (26%), irrelevance to industry (27%), and social media (21%) as key reasons not to have a website
- Among small business websites, 81% are mobile friendly
- 80% of internet users own a smartphone (Smart Insights, 2017)
- 53% of mobile website visits are abandoned if a mobile site takes longer than three seconds to load. (Google, 2018)
- In 2018, 52.2% of all worldwide online traffic was generated through mobile phones, up from 50.3% in the previous year (Statista, 2018)
- 57% of all U.S. online traffic now comes from smartphones and tablets (BrightEdge, 2018)
Online shopping is growing apace and millennials are not afraid. This means that the rate of online shopping will likely grow exponentially in the next five to 10 years.
If you still don’t have a website, here’s why you should have one:
- Marketing opportunities increase from a “local” audience to a global audience
- Digital sales conversions save time, effort and, of course, labour
- A boost in brand awareness and greater ability to manage how your website appears and performs
- More cost effective than bricks and mortar for innumerable reasons.
- The ability to track marketing and business analytics in ways that were not possible before
A Word or 2 provides web-specific services for web content, content refresher, SEO writing and web testing.
For November only take advantage of the special of First 200 Words Free in any application.
Additional services include:
- Conference Reporting